Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Mono man
I am so sick of people being sick! Dave went to the doctor yesterday thinking he might have strep and it turns out he has mono! No idea where he picked that one up. And there apparently is no medicine for it. You just have to rest and wait it out. Could go away soon or it could last up to 18 months. Pretty crazy, right? So he is home for the week, Evie is still getting over her cold and ear infection, and I have a cold plus I am just exhausted from taking care of them and being prego. I decided that we aren't going to anymore play groups and such until spring. It is just too hard to keep all the germs away. I do get sick of being in the house and alone but I don't think it is worth all this sickness. So if you start wondering where I am, you will know we are just being hobbits. Thankfully mono is only contagious through saliva so it will be harder for me to catch ;-).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YUCK!! YUCK!!! YUCK!!! My little David had mono last year! It was so sad. It really kicked his little rear! I think that is is harder on adults! So good luck getting Dave better in a hurry! Looks like no kissing for you for 18 months! Hee hee!! I am joking! We will put out positive vibes. He will get better really soon! Just let him rest, rest, rest. And drink lots of fluids!!! Good luck! I agree with you about being hermits. Sometimes, it is not worth going out, because of all the germs!!1
Oh no! I hope he gets over it quickly. I had mono my junior year of high school and was out of school (on doctor's orders) for three weeks. All I could keep down were watermelon slices for the longest time. Definitely have him get rest, and drink lots of fluid. I'm sorry you're all sick. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
I'm sad to hear you guys are having such a rough time. I'll come visit you tomorrow, just a quick visit- so no germ-sharing can take place! :) jk
But seriously- I'm coming over tomorrow... I'll be bangin down your door! :)
Post a Comment