Today I had the scariest thing happen to me and I hope it will never happen again.
I went out to the garage to get some chicken for dinner and as I was coming back in I realized that Evelynn locked me out of the house. At first I didn't think much of it because I figured she would just let me in. After 5 minutes of yelling through the door to get her attention and not having any luck I started to worry. Then I realized that I didn't have my phone with me and Dave was at work. I started to think of ways to get back into the house and there were none. All the windows and doors were locked and we don't have a spare key hidden. I ran next door to use their phone and no one was home. I ran to the next neighbor's house and thankfully she was home. I called my in-laws to see if they can come let me in, figuring they had a key since it is their house. Amazingly they don't! But they agree to come over and help me. So in the mean time Michael starts crying horribly. That heart piercing cry that just tears you apart to listen to. Evelynn on the other hand was just laughing away, probably playing with our cat. After a little of this I just started crying and praying so hard that the kids would be ok and that I would get back into the house. And it is just killing me hearing Michael and not being able to comfort him. Then I hear him start coughing which makes me panic because a lot of times he chokes on his spit up and needs to be helped. Thankfully he was able to handle it on his own. After a while they both get silent which at first I was happy because they were calm but then I started worrying that something happend. So many crazy thoughts in my head!!
After a half an hour my inlaws finally showed up and helped me break in with a credit card. It took all of 2 seconds which I was glad of at the time but that worries me that it was so easy. I pushed everyone aside and quickly ran to Michael. It took quite a while to calm him down, he was so scared and upset.
Tomorrow I am getting spare keys and hiding one and giving one to a neighbor. This will never happen again. I have never been so scared or helpless. Maybe I was over reacting, but to me, it was the scariest moment in my life.
6 comments:
I would be scared out of my mind. And to tell the truth I don't spank unless the child is in physical danger but had Nicholette done this she would have been spanked and in her room for an hour then spanked again to understand the severity of the situation.
What a panic!
I'm so sorry!!! I hope they are okay!! and I hope you are okay!
Oh my gosh, this EXACT thing happened to me last week! The circumstances were slightly different (I got locked into a room with L, and O was on the other side of the door FREAKING out), but thank goodness there was a maintenance guy with a cell phone close by! It was truly so scary and I was trying to find ANYTHING to break out of that room. Let me tell you, toy screwdrivers aren't the real thing at all! O still is totally scarred from the experience; whenever I go into that room without him, he seriously goes crazy as if it's going to happen again. Good thing kids are resilient!
Oh my heart just aches reading that! I've had scary things like that happen and it's something a parent just shouldn't have to go through! I'm so sorry that happened to you guys!!! I'm so glad everyone was OK!
Oh man, Lindsey, that's so scary and I don't think you over-reacted at all! I'm so glad all is well now. I'm gonna go make a spare key right now!
That is NOT fun at all! What an awful thing to go through. I'm glad that the kids & you are ok. It is good to have spare keys. I've locked myself out of our house but the kids were with me. I went the next day to get a key.
Thanks again for your kindness the other day. It was very thoughtful of you.
Post a Comment