Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Strange Bedtime
So last night we had some strange bed time routine. First off was Michael. He has a problem sucking his thumb at night. He never does it during the day, only when sleeping so I never thought it was a problem. Well at his 2 year check up the doctor noticed he is getting quite the over bite and told us we need to get him to stop. He gave us many ways to try to fix it. First off we tried just putting socks on his hands, but he quickly pulled them off. Then we tried taping the socks on but that was no good. Then I decided to try the nail polish that is supposed to taste bad, yeah right! So we thought we would try the sock thing again but safety pin the socks to his shirt. Big suprise, that didn't work! So last night I sewed some socks to his PJ's which he was very mad about but it worked! The last option we have is to buy a strange brace thing that covers up his thumb, which the doctor recommended. As it is now, he is totally going to have to have braces to fix his teeth, so we are just trying to stop it now so he won't have to have too much work done.
Now on to Evelynn. As we all know, she has a major obsession with elephants. They all sleep in her room every night, and she totally knows if one is missing. She won't go to sleep sometimes if one is missing. Well last night she decided she needed to make a bed out of them to sleep on. This was quite easy since she has some HUGE elephants. So Dave made her a bed on the floor and she happily slept there all night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Such funny cute kids! Sound like fun times at your house :)
Silly kids! They sure look big and so grown up! Mandi has a strange cross bite and she only had a binki for a few months. She wasn't ever a finger sucker either. It's crazy how those things and fingers really mess up their mouth!
That girl and her elephants! It's so funny. I'm glad you found a solution for the thumb sucking, though don't worry about it too much. I sucked my thumb for a long time and my teeth are great and I've never needed braces. Though if his are already starting to push out then good to get it taken care of now. Miss you!
Sewing them on is a great idea! Hope it works for you. Miss Evie and her Elephants! That should be the title of a book about her! :)
Nicholette sucks her thumb night and day :S we bought the nasty nail polish stuff that my SIL (who's oldest was a nightmare to get her to stop sucking) whole heartily recommended and we're still having issues but some people say I have to keep up with it for a few weeks *bleh* what was the thumb case your doctor recommended? And I like the sock idea I might have to try that.
Dani-Go online and search for a thumb guard, you will see what i mean.
have you tried Mavala nail polish stuff? That was the trick for me and a few friends. It's NASTY! I bought mine on Amazon... Good luck!!!!!
Post a Comment