I guess I shouldn't really call this an update, since I haven't mentioned it before, so I guess that just makes it it news. Yeah, my mind is a little fuzzy so please bear with me.
Michael has had some different developmental delays due to being early and major ear infections. Mostly it was just his walking up until now. At his 18 month check up I mentioned to the doctor that he only has a couple words and really doesn't talk. So the next step was getting referred to a program called Kids on the Move, where they send a specialist out to your house and do an evaluation.
Friday was our big evaluation and I was a little nervous. But the person who came out was so wonderful. She played with Michael and asked me a lot of questions about him. She did a little test with his speech and the result was that he definitely has a speech delay. She called it a moderate delay which means it is serious enough that he needs some help.
The Kids on the Move program seems really great from what I have learned. They send specialists to your house which is great. We are starting to set up a plan and will probably begin work around the first of May but of course that also depends on when this baby comes. But we will start speech therapy with Michael and hopefully he will start catching up. You can tell he wants to talk so badly, just cannot. I will try and keep a better update in the months to come, but no promises!
2 comments:
I am so worried about that with Emma as well! Please let me know how he is doing and some helpful suggestions! Hang in there girlie! You are an amazing wife and mother! Don't forget that!
We do something similar to that with Nicholette with a Provo program called P.E.I.P. I think she likes it because twice a month someone comes and plays with her and just her and brings cool toys to get her to talk and say things. It's only twice a month which in and of itself doesn't do much but with what they evaluate, they give me thigns to do with her which is what helps her more along.
Post a Comment